The Florida Primary election is August 23, 2022.
Mail-in voting runs from 7/14 -7/21/2022.
Early Voting is August 13 – 20.
Mail-in ballots can be MAILED WITH A STAMP. If you want your ballot to be date-stamped, a post office will do that.
If you drop off a mail-in ballot (paper), it does not require a stamp.
The 4 drop-off locations (listed below) to accept your mail-in ballot will ONLY BE AVAILABLE during the early voting periods.
- If all candidates for an office have the same party affiliation and the winner won’t have any opposition in the General Election, then all voters of all parties may vote in the Primary Election for that office. This is called a “Universal Primary Contest.” In other words, if no Democrats or NPAs run, then Democrats can vote in the Republican primary for Supervisor of Elections or County Commissioners in Districts 2 and 4.
- If you want to check your registration, go to https://registration.elections.myflorida.com/CheckVoterStatus.
- To request a mail ballot, go to https://www.votewalton.com/Voting/Ways-to-Vote/Mail-Ballot-Request-Form OR call the Supervisor of Election’s office at 850-892-8112.
- You need a valid photo/signature ID to vote. You do NOT need a voter information card. However, you can request a new voter information card from the SOE’s office.
Valid photo identification can come from:
- Florida driver’s license
- Florida identification card issued by DHSMV
- United States passport
- Debit or credit card
- Military identification
- Student identification
- Retirement center identification
- Neighborhood association identification
- Public assistance identification
- Veteran health identification card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- License to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued pursuant to s. 790.06
- Employee identification card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality.
If your photo ID does not include your signature, you will be asked to provide another ID that has your signature. The ID for signature verification does not have to be from the list of valid photo IDs listed above.
- If you’re concerned about your current signature not matching the one that you registered with, contact the SOE’s office for instructions at 850-892-8112.
- Early Voting for the Primary starts August 13 at the following sites:
- Walton County Courthouse, 571 U.S. Hwy 90 E, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433
- Freeport City Hall, 112 State Hwy 20 W., Freeport, FL 32439
- Faith Assembly Church, 306 S. Geronimo Street, Miramar Beach, FL 32550
- Walton County Courthouse Annex, 31 Coastal Centre Blvd., Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- Your Congressional Districts may have changed in Walton County, so you may want to check on a map of the current district to see if you will be voting for candidates in Florida District 1 or Florida District 2.